Keeping your financial and personal information secure and confidential is our top priority.
How rise protects your information
Here are just a few ways we go the extra mile to make sure you feel safe on RISE.
- Virus protection detects and prevents viruses from a network attack.
- Firewalls help block unauthorized access by individuals or networks.
- Secure data transmissions ensure information remains confidential.
- 128 bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption transmits all information.
what you can do
Always remember to use caution when sending information online.
- REGULAR EMAIL IS NOT SECURE. Make sure to send confidential account information through the Contact Us link on our site.
- USE A CURRENT VERSION OF MICROSOFT INTERNET EXPLORER, FIREFOX OR CHROME. These browsers support the latest encryption and will help ensure your connection is secure.
- CHOOSE PASSWORDS THAT ARE DIFFICULT TO GUESS (not personal info like birthdates or pet names) and don’t write them down in places where others can find them. It also helps to keep unique passwords for each account.
- SECURE YOUR COMPUTER BY USING ANTIVIRUS AND FIREWALL SOFTWARE, and keep your operating system current by installing the latest security patches. (See links below for more info on protecting your PC.)
- BEWARE OF PHISHING. Remember that RISE will never ask for personal information such as passwords and account numbers through email. Please Contact Us immediately if you notice anything suspicious.
- CHECK YOUR CREDIT REPORT AT LEAST ONCE A YEAR to make sure there’s no unauthorized activity (See below on how to obtain a free credit report).
want to learn more?
Check out these links for even more great tips on how to protect your personal information and prevent identity theft: